[Rivet] Rivet validation plots

Jamie Tattersall tattersall at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 6 10:19:19 BST 2016

Hi Andy,

Thanks, that's really helpful and I wasn't aware of it.

My particular interest was actually in ATLAS_2013_I1190187 as we could
never reproduce the p_T(lep lep met) distribution and I just saw that
there was now a rivet implementation. We were not the only theory group
that had this issue but we could never really get to the bottom of it
(even after correspondance with ATLAS). Unfortunately (unless I've
missed something) it seems like the file here only contains the data and
not the validation.

In general, we would love to see as much as possible! Histograms, with
the data vs monte carlo is the obvious one. I've just had a random look
through some of the analyses present and stumbled across
ATLAS_2015_I1351916. I guess the plots here are just what we are looking
for but particularly important for us is to also know exactly which
Monte-Carlo was used (I have to admit that I haven't dug up the paper so
perhaps this is made clear here). In any case, it would be very useful
to have the information contained in the validation directory.

Even better would be the actual monte-carlo run cards and SLHA cards
(for BSM). We've had so many analyses where we are guessing at exactly
what the collaboration setup was and this information immediately
removes that. I should note that we also don't have this online but I
will start on this today!

For easy access it would also be great if you could provide a link next
to the analysis which goes directly to html rendered version of all this.

Cheers,
Jamie