[Rivet] Rivet validation plots

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Thu May 5 20:06:06 BST 2016

On 05/05/16 19:28, Jamie Tattersall wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> This is potentially a very stupid question..... but where do I find
> validation material (i.e plots) for the Rivet analyses? (I've been
> clicking for a while now but not got anywhere).

Hi Jamie,

Good question! This is probably something that we should make a
systematic point of putting online. For the last year or so, we have
managed to get the experiments to supply validation plots along with the
code, and those plot sets are in the tarballs at
https://www.hepforge.org/archive/rivet/contrib/

For a lot of the SM ones, there are also fairly up-to-date comparisons
against modern generators at http://mcplots.cern.ch/

But we don't yet have a repository of e.g. generator comparisons to all
plots on the Rivet website. It is something that we could add, though...
just putting our new nightly validation outputs on the website for example.

I guess that you are more interested in the BSM analyses, though. What
sort of validation would you like to see for those? As you know, they
haven't been a major emphasis so far, but that is changing so any input
is welcome!

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow