[Rivet] rivet with alpgen+pythia

Alexander Grohsjean Alexander.Grohsjean at desy.de
Thu Apr 19 08:42:26 BST 2012

Dear all,

I am currently trying to run agile-runmc with Alpgen+Pythia. I have
generated unweighted Alpgen events but when feeding them into
agile-runmc , the code seems to hang  after entering the file name:

1****************** PYINIT: initialization of PYTHIA routines
*****************
  INPUT NAME OF FILE CONTAINING EVENTS
  (FOR "file.unw" ENTER "file")
lnqq-cteq5-np3-xlclu_1

In adition I found a wiki page from Gavin Hesketh from 2010
https://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/twiki/bin/view/Sandbox/GavinHeskethSandbox
where he describes patches to run the code.
So I was wondering
1.) if there is an example with parameter file of how to run
alpgen+pythia? I browsed the web without any success. Are there
additional options to specify?
2.) Is alpgen+pythia supported and should run without the patches?

I am using the following versions:
source
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/MCGenerators/professor/1.3.1/$LCGTAG/setup.sh
source
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/MCGenerators_hepmc2.06/rivet/1.7.0.b/$LCGTAG/rivetenv.sh

source
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/MCGenerators_hepmc2.06/agile/1.3.0/$LCGTAG/agileenv.sh

Thanks for any input.

Cheers, Alexander.