[PyFeyn] New marker for PyFeyn

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Sun Mar 23 08:43:52 GMT 2014

Hi Jeremi,

Thanks for the patch: that definitely sounds like a useful addition so
we'll try it out and hopefully it will appear in a release before long.

What was the issue that you had with version 0.3.4? Maybe/probably we
need to fix something with that tarball or code.

And finally, I think quite a few different conventions for particle
styles exist -- especially for SM extensions like sparticles and ghosts
-- so it'd be nice to have a zig-zag option, even if there would be
disagreement about exactly what it's to be used to represent! Thanks in
advance ;-)

Andy

On 21/03/14 18:11, Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To begin with, I would like to thank you for creating this awesome
> package. As a master student in physics, being able to plot feynman
> diagrams (in the wonderful language that is python) has made my life a
> heck of a lot easier.
> I have however found the need for markers shaped like an "X" to
> symbolize neutrino oscillations. I could do that by creating 2 pairs of
> points and joining points within a pair with a line, but I decide to go
> for a more permanent solution. So I wrote a piece of code, defining the
> CrossMark class, with the size of the cross depending on the "size"
> parameter.
> It's a very easy code, I'm sending it to you in the attachment, if you
> choose to you could incorporate it into the main code (I work with
> pyfeyn 0.3.3, 0.3.4 doesn't work for me for some reason).
> So once again, thank you and keep up the good work.
>
> Jeremi
>
> PS. I'm thinking of writing a "zig-zag" line class, that's the
> convention I was taught for weak interaction bosons.

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN