[Vincia] [Pythia8] Gluon splitting to quarks

Torbjorn Sjostrand torbjorn at thep.lu.se
Fri Jan 17 11:05:22 GMT 2014

Hello Peter and Steve,

Thanks for input, it is most welcome. I have a master's student who
should begin a 4 month project on Monday, and c/b(/t) was on my list
  to study in the shower. From a completely different perspective,
however, inspired by criticsm I have received that Pythia is producing
too few c/b. For instance, in this workshop you mention, study slide 4
in Michelangelo's presentation to see how Pythia undershoots
c production by about a factor of 2. Of course one will need to
understand what has been done, also also separate Pythia 6 vs. Pythia 8,
which is why I look forward to the promised input from Steve.
Peter, was this slide discussed in the same context of too much/little
in showers? Or any other ideas you have?

Anyway, we should stay in touch. However, so as not to spam too much,
maybe we should restrict to those expressing an interest.

Best, Torbjörn