[Rivet] different 'year' in routine names

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Wed Aug 22 16:30:01 BST 2018

Thanks both -- yes, the date has always been a bit vague.

For future syncing, is it realistic that we can have a Python script that
gets the list of all current analyses and their Inspire IDs, then queries
the sort of parametrised URL given above? That seems plausible.

It's a minor thing so maybe not worth the hassle, but we could also maybe
leverage the (so-far unused) analysis-aliasing mechanism that I added to
Rivet to help with migrating analysis names from SPIRES-code names to
Inspire-code names, to also handle data changes so that the canonical
analysis name always agrees with HepData. This is probably more
housekeeping than we have resources for, though.

Andy

--
Dr Andy Buckley, Senior Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow