[Rivet] probelm in fastjet(Rivet) while installing herwig

Dr. Prabhdeep Kaur prabhdevgun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:18:16 GMT 2017

Dear Rivet Team,

I am installing Herwig7, and have installed fastjet (with Rivet), but
while I do  make -j$(nproc) (for Herwig), I get following error:

In file included from /home/prabhdeep/HerwigManIns/Rivet/include/fastjet/
SharedPtr.hh:41:0,
                 from /home/prabhdeep/HerwigManIns/Rivet/include/fastjet/
PseudoJet.hh:42,
                 from LEPFourJetsAnalysis.cc:21:
/home/prabhdeep/HerwigManIns/Rivet/include/fastjet/internal/deprecated.hh:41:42:
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘[’ token
 #define FASTJET_DEPRECATED_MSG(message)  [[deprecated(message)]]
                                          ^

Actually I get this type of error many time and I have copied just one.
Could you please help me solving it?  I Would be very thankful to you.

Looking forward for your reply,
Prabhdeep
Assistant Prof. in Physics,
SLIET, Punjab India.