[Rivet] root2yoda

roman lysak lysak at fzu.cz
Wed Jul 22 08:42:09 BST 2015

   Hi Andy,

On 22/07/15 00:44, Andy Buckley wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> We don't have that script available yet -- we should make one, using
> the Python mappings of our ROOT converter functions, but you're
> actually the first to ask for it.
>
> You were in touch about those functions before, and I applied some
> fixes that you suggested byut haven't touched them since! Do you have
> a working C++ program for doing the conversion?
these were the functions to convert from yoda --> root, now I would like
the opposite :)
Unfortunately, the fixes I suggested did not work well. There was still
something else which was needed to set up but I did not go further.
Although, I asked the question on ROOT mailing list, but I haven't got
any reasonable answer.
In my opinion, it would be probably best if some of you discuss ROOT vs.
yoda conversion with ROOT authors, to figure this out. It shouldn't be
that complicated for the experts from both teams.

Meanwhile, I'm writing a small python routine which will do the thing
for my special purpose (based on 'root2flat' from older rivet versions).

Cheers,
   Roman