[Rivet] root2yoda

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Jul 21 23:44:10 BST 2015

Hi Roman,

We don't have that script available yet -- we should make one, using the
Python mappings of our ROOT converter functions, but you're actually the
first to ask for it.

You were in touch about those functions before, and I applied some fixes
that you suggested byut haven't touched them since! Do you have a
working C++ program for doing the conversion? I'd like to make sure that
they are working properly before making an it-just-works script that
people will complain about!

Probably you can imagine why converting data to the format whose
shortcomings led to YODA in the first place isn't top of our priority
list ;-) Or at least just isn't an itch that we're personally very
motivated to scratch. But we'd love to have the feature -- provided it
also comes with a root2yoda partner, of course ;-) If you think the C++
converter functions are doing the right things now, I can try sending
you some demo converter scripts to test.

On 21/07/15 15:47, roman lysak wrote:

>   Hi Rivet authors,
>
> there used to be a way of converting .root file to .aida file by using a
> combination of 'root2flat' and 'flat2aida'.
> Does such possibility exist for .yoda files?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>    Roman
>

> -- Upozorneni: Neni-li v teto zprave vyslovne uvedeno jinak, neni tato
> e-mailova zprava navrhem na uzavreni smlouvy ani prijetim pripadneho
> navrhu na uzavreni smlouvy a nezaklada predsmluvni odpovednost FZU AV
> CR, v. v. i.
> Disclaimer: If not expressly stated otherwise, this e-mail message
> cannot be considered as a proposal to conclude a contract, neither the
> acceptance of a proposal to conclude a contract, nor does it create any
> pre-contractual liability on the part of FZU AV CR, v. v. i.

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow