[Rivet] Rivet "collaboration meeting"?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 13:47:50 GMT 2013

With the approaching release of Rivet 2, re-funding of MCnet, and the
submission of the Rivet paper, it feels to me like we're entering a new
era and should decide on the directions in which we want to concentrate
development efforts (including issues like the implied philosophy in
functions like fromDecay, as queried by David).

Also, I think it's useful to have focal events to make those
developments -- Hendrik and I had an immensely productive few days
recently, just by isolating ourselves from "normal" distractions.

So, how about we try to have a 2/3/4 day Rivet collaboration working
meeting in the next couple of months? Sometime in May might be good,
since it's still far enough away that I hope your diaries aren't already
packed full, and will prime us for discussion and work at Les Houches at
the start of June. (Who else is going to LH, by the way?)

So, three short questions:

1. Would you attend? I'm assuming that some MCnet funding is possible.
2. Where? CERN and Durham are two obvious candidates. Others?
3. When? Let's take mid-May as a straw-man starting point.

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.