[Rivet] HG transition

David Grellscheid david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 13:29:59 BST 2013

>> In your situation, you could also have used the 'rebase' command. It needs
>
> Ah, that's how all the other commits in hg log got a meaningful commit
> message instead of just "merge"?

No. Have a look at the graphical log on trac/log, maybe that makes it
clearer.

> So we should definitely include
> rebase in the workflow description for simple "direct" commits to
> trunk, right?

I'd prefer not to for now, it's only useful for really simple local
commit trees that commute easily with what was just pulled in. It's
complicated enough as it is for beginners.

> I'm a bit surprised that I don't see my intermediate commits in the
> log after pushing,

You pushed two changesets, your commit eb4c2 and the merge 08fb55. Were
you expecting others?

   David