[Rivet] HG transition

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Fri Jun 14 13:13:04 BST 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> diff on a merge changeset is misleading. You need to be explicit which of
> the two parents you are comparing to. Looking at trac/log, your merge looks
> fine.

Phew :)

> In your situation, you could also have used the 'rebase' command. It needs

Ah, that's how all the other commits in hg log got a meaningful commit
message instead of just "merge"? So we should definitely include
rebase in the workflow description for simple "direct" commits to
trunk, right?

I'm a bit surprised that I don't see my intermediate commits in the
log after pushing, but maybe I just don't know how to use log
correctly. I expected something like http://hginit.com/i/02-repo-7.png
in the central repo, but I only see one linear history. Are the
intermediate commits ignored when pushing to central or just not
listed in the log by default (which makes sense)?

Cheers,
Frank