[Rivet] Rivet Analysis for Z+jets still not publicly available

Roman Lysak lysak at fzu.cz
Wed Dec 4 09:17:42 GMT 2013

  Hi Ulla,

On 12/04/2013 09:49 AM, Ulla Blumenschein wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Could you send me a clear instruction, what people have to do if they
> want to use the final version of
> ATLAS_2011_I945498 ? Can they used precompiled versions or do they
> have to compile themselves?
We keep the ATLAS analyses also locally on lxplus in

/afs/cern.ch/atlas/groups/Generators/Rivet/Analyses

as it is written on web page

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/viewauth/AtlasProtected/RivetMCValidation#Completed_Analyses

This particular analysis is in subdirectory:

UNOFFICIAL/ATLAS_2011_I945498

There is a code (so you can build plugin by yourself using
'rivet-buildplugin RivetATLAS_2011_I945498.so ATLAS_2011_I945498.cc')
and also a compiled plugin so you can directly use it (just make sure
it's in your RIVET paths, or just copy to your working directory).
There is a plan to make the analyses sitting in that area available for
the users by just sourcing one script, but we are not yet there.

> We are seeing some strange features in one of the analysis and I have
> the impression that people are using older versions.
> If I look e.g. in the 1.8 branch, the .cc and .aida files  have not
> been touched since 17 months, so this is obviosly the wrong branch to
> use.
I can see that Andy already put this analysis into 2012-06-aidarivet
branch, so you can even take it from web page.
Note, once there will be a new release of rivet, you will not need to do
any of this, just setup that particular version and you should have the
analysis available.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
   Roman