[Rivet] [Fastjet] FastJet "robot" downloads blocked

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at cern.ch
Fri Apr 19 13:55:20 BST 2013

Hi Gavin, all,

Thanks for looking into it. I have also not noticed any problems with
wget, only with the Python library used in Rivet's bootstrap script
(urllib2). One gets a 403 error as reply -- I thought this might
happen to deny access to (Python) bots. I have tried to work around
this by specifying the User-Agent header in the urllib2 request, but I
still got a 403.

I'm preparing a minimal script to reproduce this, will send it to you
in a few minutes. The problem I had was that the rejection seemed to
be dynamic, it worked one day, but not the other. Since we had several
users report the same issue in the last weeks we thought it probably
makes sense to contact you.

Matteo: If you are around for the afternoon tutorials at MC4BSM we
could also have a quick look at this together.

Cheers,
Frank