[Rivet] aidamerge

Hannes Jung hannes.jung at cern.ch
Sun Aug 21 08:15:10 BST 2011

Dear Andy et all

thanks a lot for your mail and your explanations.

I understand that aidamerge is not an official script.
However, in a usable histogramming package one must be able to add histograms at the end and possible errors must be trated, otherwise the package is not really usable for users... it might be fine for developers.
In Root as well as in the old hbook/paw package we had options which treated adding histograms properly, of course one has to be careful to add the proper things, and adding ratios might be tricky.... but then there must be an option to do the ratio while plotting.

There is of course an issue, whether whatever is added does make sense. But the package should work, or give an error message and treat that somehow, but not just crashing....

The Aida package is nice and I like very much the rivet-mkhtml script which make life much easier.... but I do not want to develop the histogramming package, I just want to use it and to be sure that it does what it is supposed to do....

Don't understand me wrong, I appreciate very much the help and support I get and got in the past solving problems with the histogramming package... but... I just want to use it.....

Thanks a lot for your support

Cheers

Hannes