[Rivet] [Professor] RivetProfessor Virtual Machine

Daniel Weyh weyh at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Aug 7 12:26:11 BST 2011

>> Apart from that we have mostly "internal dependencies" (rivet on
>> hepmc, ... something like this) which would be rsynced and the build
>> platform should be able to build standard i386 32bit (the lcg tag is
>> i686 on the vm). This could work, but I'm not at all familiar with
>> cross (platform) compiling or at least cross system compiling
>
> I think you misunderstood me. The master would be a running instance of
> the VM itself. So no cross-compilation issues, just plain copy-paste.
You're absolutely right - I misunderstood ;-)

Got rsync working, now the question of what to copy (or what to leave on the VM).
I got rid of all the sources because they are (in sum) rather huge...
If you say now to make changes in the code and get binaries from rsync, should I then add sources back in?
I guess you will download the specific source, add if needed and send the binary changes - hope I got it correct?

Try to get ready in the next hour or so ... but I am not sure how long uploading will take ...

Cheers,
Daniel