[Rivet] AGILe: Herwig+Rivet gives error

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 18:32:31 BST 2011

On 05/08/11 16:26, Daniel Weyh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm setting up the VM and it seems to work mostly...
> But I naivly tried to do 'agile-runmc Herwig:6.520 -o- | rivet -A' and
> got "Failed to initialize using event file '-'... exiting" .

Crikey, it's been years since I tired the -A option to Rivet :)

> If found out this is connected to a line "C inf inf" in the hepmc record,
> as it works when I write to a file, remove the line and run rivet on the file.
> So, is it user mistake (some command line flag? I do not know anything...)
> or somewhere in agile or herwig? ->  Do we have to worry for the VM?

Hmm, that is odd. But I wouldn't worry too much, since we don't really
want people to run HERWIG.

You asked if there was a newer Rivet tutorial... I've attached the one
that I gave in Les Houches, which should be suitable for 1.5.1. We'll
have a newer one for 1.6.0 by next Wednesday!

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.