[Rivet] Problem with rivet-bootstrap

Kiran Joshi Kiran.Joshi at hep.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 14:14:00 BST 2010

Hi Andy,

Thanks for fixing the AGILe tarball, I managed to install it without any further problems.

I've now got another problem when trying to run RIVET:

After I installed RIVET using the bootstrap, I ran rivet -h and everything seemed to be working correctly.
I then copied the environment variable settings to my .bashrc, but have not been able to get RIVET to run again.

When I try running rivet -h, I now get the message "rivet requires the 'rivet' python module".
In my .bashrc I have done:
export PYTHONPATH=.../RIVET/lib64/python2.4/site-packages
(as well as all the other paths in the rivetenv.sh file)

and I have tried source-ing rivetenv.sh again, but this doesn't solve the problem.

I realise that this is probably a problem with my specific set up, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiran