[Rivet] Yaml error in newest Rivet

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 21 11:23:56 BST 2010

On 20/10/10 19:25, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Moin Christian,
>
> Thus spake Christian Roehr (roehr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de):
>>
>> The configure script could not find yaml-cpp on my system (cf. the
>> output of configure attached to this mail) and stated that Rivet will
>> build this library itself.  Indeed, that bit seems to be working,
>> "make" in tools/yaml-cpp seems to run through properly.
>
> Have you tried running "make install" in tools/yaml-cpp before running
> "make" again in the main rivet directory? Just a guess, hoping that the
> linker will then pick up libyaml in the install directory.

Thanks Hendrik. Yes, that's worth a try in case the first install has
somehow botched. I see clean builds on all platforms I've tried where
yaml-cpp is not pre-installed, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh