[Rivet] Pileup in Rivet

Christian Roehr roehr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 8 11:57:50 BST 2010

Hi Andy, hi all,

Thanks for your mail, that's quite helpful anyway, even if Rivet does
not do pileup. My guess is also that there shouldn't be much difficulty
in realising that at HepMC level, in principle. However, maybe some
tricks are necessary since HepMC stores any step of the event
generation, as far as I am aware of. Thus it will be somewhat restricted
to one event only.

Thank you especially for offering your help on that. I'll be happy to
come back to that at some point! For now I'm still dealing with the
actual analysis first, preparing for studying pile-up based on that.

Okay, I see, there are even further sources of contamination. In theory,
everything is so easy... :) Thanks for the hint, I will have a chat on
that with Jon Butterworth, who is my supervisor in this project.

I will get in touch with you. Cheers!

Christian