[Rivet] Pileup in Rivet

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 17:45:04 BST 2010

Hi Christian,

A HepMC pile-up compositor sounds like a useful tool.  Can I suggest the same pipe idiom used by rivet, but with two input pipes  - one providing the signal events and another providing the pile-up (which could come from a different generator entirely).

Another possibility is that some generators have an option to produce pile-up on top of the signal I think.  I'm pretty sure Pythia has this feature (MSTP(131)), but I guess you're more interested in Herwig :)

cheers,

James