[Rivet] rivet analysis

Leif Lönnblad leif.lonnblad at thep.lu.se
Fri Oct 1 15:10:33 BST 2010

On 2010-10-01 12:20, Frank Siegert wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Frank Krauss, Thursday 30 September 2010:
>> Now, I've never written an analysis, so I would need some
>> hints on where to start (especially since my laptop seems to be a
>> bit unstable ....), and I would need 2-d histos
>
> To answer your second question first: There are no 2D histos as far as I
> am aware, but maybe Andy can correct me or might know about workarounds.

In fact I started to implement 2D Histograms in ThePEG::LWH. I'm almost
done, but I won't have time to test it until late next week. Since both
Frank and Albert Knutsson has been asking for it, and the "hot" CMS
long-range near-side angular correlation study would require it, maybe
we could add it to Rivet::LWH now (rather than waiting for Yoda). If
anyone (who is more in touch with writing Rivet analyses than I am)
would like to test it I, could check it in this weekend.

Cheers,
Leif