[Rivet] Problem with rivet-bootstrap

Kiran Joshi Kiran.Joshi at hep.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 13:35:40 GMT 2010

Hi Andy,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this.
I have just tried re-installing rivet from scratch using the bootstrapper and have found myself in the same position I was when I e-mailed you a month ago.
(rivet requires the 'rivet' Python module)

Trying to run rivet --help --verbose, as you suggested before, only returns the same error mesage, with no additional information.

The version of python installed on my system is 64bit, one of the default locations in my $PYTHONPATH is /opt/lcg/lib64/python2.4/site-packages, and the location of the rivet python module is .../RIVET/lib64/python2.4/site-packeges/rivet, so I assume that it has been built in 64bit mode as well.

Do you have any other ideas on how to track down what is causing this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Kiran