[Rivet] CDF jet shapes

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Wed May 13 17:08:33 BST 2009

Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Thus spake Lars Sonnenschein (sonne at mail.cern.ch):
>
>> At least the CDF_2005 jet shape analysis does make use of a different
>> jet algorithm, namely: FastJets::CDFMIDPOINT
>
> CDF_2005 is not just broken because of fastjet-2.4.0. Even with
> fastjet-2.3.4 it doesn't match the data. The rho distributions are above
> the data over the whole range between r=0 and r=R. That's impossible by
> the definition of the observable. This thing is simply broken.

Lars, can you investigate, please? The analysis should be marked as
"UNVALIDATED" in its current state.

>> What is about the CDF_2008_S7782535.hh b-jet shape analysis?
>> It uses the same jet algo + jet shape projection.
>
> A first quick look at CDF_2008_S7782535 shows first of all that there is
> a binning mismatch between reference data and Monte Carlo in
> CDF_2008_S7782535_d05-x01-y01. This also needs to be fixed, I'll open
> another ticket after lunch.

Thanks. Emily, can you check this out? Sounds like it should be simple
to fix. The data appears to be in HepData, so you could test my new
interface and multiformat stuff:

http://hepdata.cedar.ac.uk/hepdata-webapp/view?p=49
http://hepdata.cedar.ac.uk/hepdata-webapp/view:plain?p=49
http://hepdata.cedar.ac.uk/hepdata-webapp/view:aida?p=49

Any "beta" feedback on this would be nice: I've since improved the URL
encoding scheme, but comments on how you guys would like HD to work
would be very handy!