[Rivet] Compiling an HZTool main program

Hannes Jung jung at mail.desy.de
Wed Mar 18 12:29:51 GMT 2009

yes, right.

I have the patches, and also plan to maintain HZTOOL a bit further
since for HERA we are using it and will use it in future.

I'll try to commit the gfortran things by the end of the week....

Anything else which is needed ?

Cheers
Hannes

On 18.03.2009, at 12:52, Andy Buckley wrote:

> Leif Lönnblad wrote:
>> Andy Buckley wrote:
>>> I get this list of missing symbols:
>>>
>>> ../buckley/heplocal/lib/libhztool.so: undefined reference to
>>> `get_var_'
>>> ../buckley/heplocal/lib/libhztool.so: undefined reference to
>>> `hwbgen_'
>>
>> I reported this a two years ago, but nothing happened. I guess no
>> one is
>> really maintaining HZTool anymore. If someone fixes that, it would be
>> great if they also fix the fact that HZTool cannot be compiled with
>> gfortran...
>
> I seem to remember Hannes saying in Jan that he has patches for the
> gfortran problem (and maybe these symbols?) which aren't yet
> committed.
> Hannes?
>
> To ensure that we get some results from our limited manpower, we
> decided
> in Jan to focus Rivet on hadron collider observales for now, and to
> keep
> HZTool going for HERA analyses (with the option of using HepMC input).
> If HZTool is really going to keep on being useful, it certainly
> needs a
> version 4.3 update to make it compilable!
>
> Andy

Hannes Jung
Email: Hannes.Jung at desy.de
mobile :+49 160 96616610
http://www.desy.de/~jung
Tel: +49 (0) 40 8998 3741
Fax: +49 (0) 40 8998 3093
DESY, FH1, Bldg. 1b, 331, Notkestr.85, 22603 Hamburg, FRG