[Rivet] Analyses extended with more data

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at durham.ac.uk
Sun Jul 19 23:35:43 BST 2009

Hi Riveters,

What is our policy regarding analyses that have been updated later with
more data, do we want them in Rivet at all, regardless of how similar
their method/result is to the updated one? One such example is

http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ex/0512020 (CDF_2006_S6450792)
http://arxiv.org/abs/0807.2204 (CDF_2008_S7828950)

(though I haven't checked the details of their midpoint cone algorithm for
differences)

The latter is already in Rivet, and the former I have ready to commit, but
don't know whether I should. If it should go in (i.e. if I don't hear any
contrary opinions), I'm definitely going to put a notice about the update
into the analysis description.

Frank