[Rivet] failed to install rivet

lukas vanelderen lukasvanelderen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:45:01 BST 2009

Hi

I am  trying to install rivet-1.1.3 on my desktop ( scientific linux 4.7, 64
bit) and run into trouble with the Boost library.
I tried the following

   1. after having downloaded
   http://www.hepforge.org/archive/rivet/Rivet-1.1.3.tar.gz
    ./configure --with-boost-incpath=/home/lukas/Software/boost_1_39_0/boost
   /home/lukas/Software/boost_1_39_0/boost is on my desktop the directory
   containing the header files (that is what the boost documentation says)
   error message:

   configure: WARNING: Boost header directory was not found
   configure: error: Boost is required

   2. after having downloaded
   http://svn.hepforge.org/rivet/bootstrap/rivet-bootstrap
   ./rivet-bootstrap --boost=/home/lukas/Software/Rivet-1.1.3/boost_link
   where boost_link is a directory having a subdirectory include which
   contains a symlink to /home/Lukas/Software/boost_1_39_0/
   error message:

   checking for boost/foreach.hpp... no
   configure: error: Boost foreach not found. You need at least version
   1.34.0 of Boost for this installation. If you want to use Boost from a
   non-standard location, please specify
   '--with-boost-incpath=/path/to/boost_1_35/include' as option to the
   configure script or run the rivet-bootstrap script  with the --install-boost
   option, or --boost=/path/to/boost
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "./rivet-bootstrap", line 424, in ?
       conf_mk_mkinst(os.path.join(BUILDDIR, "rivet"),
   RIVET_CONFIGURE_FLAGS)
     File "./rivet-bootstrap", line 174, in conf_mk_mkinst
       sys.exit(1)
   SystemExit: 1

   3. ./rivet-bootstrap --install-boost
   Can't find Boost include dir boost-1_38/boost to symlink
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "./rivet-bootstrap", line 332, in ?
       sys.exit(2)
   SystemExit: 2

In attachment you find a copy of the screens of the 3 attempts.
Could you please help me with this?
Tell me if you need any additional information.

Lukas Vanelderen