[Rivet] problem running rivet

Hendrik Hoeth Hendrik.Hoeth at cern.ch
Mon Apr 27 13:38:35 BST 2009

Hi James,

Thus spake James Monk (jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk):

> Did you get this solved?

Yes, we did (I called Andy on the phone). It was a namespace issue and
is solved in current svn revisions.

> I see swig trying to do something silly with the linker on my Mac that
> might be related - it tries to cross compile both i386 and ppc
> versions: [...]
> Now I have a pure intel system (as you put it), but that didn't stop
> swig trying (and fortunately failing) to build a ppc library.  Maybe
> swig on 64 bit Linux also thinks it should build a 32 bit library, but
> has more success there...

No, my issue was not a 32/64-bit problem. Everything is 64-bit and it
found the library in the right spots. The problem was that the symbol
was missing from the library.

    Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN