[Rivet] problem running rivet

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 12:54:00 BST 2009

Hi Hendrik,

Did you get this solved?  I see swig trying to do something silly with
the linker on my Mac that might be related - it tries to cross compile
both i386 and ppc versions:

	g++ -Wl,-F. -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -arch i386 -arch ppc
build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/./hepmc_wrap.o -L/usr/local//lib -
lHepMC -o build/lib.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/_hepmc.so
	ld warning: in /usr/local//lib/libHepMC.dylib, file is not of
required architecture

Now I have a pure intel system (as you put it), but that didn't stop
swig trying (and fortunately failing) to build a ppc library.  Maybe
swig on 64 bit Linux also thinks it should build a 32 bit library, but
has more success there...

James