[Rivet] problem running rivet

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Thu Apr 23 14:58:06 BST 2009

Hi Andy,

Thus spake Stefan Hoeche (stefan at freacafe.de):

> i intended to get started with rivet on my notebook, but something
> seems to upset the executeable. no matter whether i run the bootstrap
> script or install manually, i get
>
>   rivet requires the 'rivet' Python module

I've got the same problem on my laptop. If I start python directly and
try to import rivet, I get the following error:

$ python
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Dec  5 2008, 10:49:05)
[GCC 4.2.3] on linux2
>>> import rivet
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/hoeth/Dokumente/MCnet/rivet/installation/local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/rivet.py", line 7, in <module>
    import _rivet
ImportError: /home/hoeth/Dokumente/MCnet/rivet/installation/local/lib/libRivet.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN5Rivet21createAnalysisFactoryEv

_ZN5Rivet21createAnalysisFactoryEv is Rivet::createAnalysisFactory().
Could you please have a look into this issue?

I'm using

  rivet r1436
  gcc 4.2.3
  swig 1.3.33
  python 2.5.2

Thanks,

   Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN