[Rivet] see only CCPythia when executing rivetgun

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 21:04:01 GMT 2008

James Monk wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2008, at 19:24, James Monk wrote:
>
>> A problem I still have is rivetgun now seems to identify the FHerwig
>> from Genser as HerwigCC!
>
> The reason for this is there is no version number on the library name
> that Genser builds.  Where it used to be libherwig6510.dylib (for
> example), it is now just libherwig.dylib.  Do we have any plans for
> distinguishing between generator versions?

Yes, this is a problem: to use Genser's libraries we would have to
always expect generators to be found in a particular directory
structure. That's possible, I think, now that I've changed AGILe's
to be able to have all the generator libraries in one place.

Anyway, the interim solution is to make a "liblinks" directory which
contains versioned symlinks to the Genser libraries, using our existing
scheme. The "mkGenserArea" script that I mentioned does this for Herwig
and Pythia, and Genser's area on AFS has a .liblinks directory which
should do the same thing, although I've not tested it (yet).