[Rivet] HepMC 2.03 series on LCG AFS?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:56:25 GMT 2008

Hi Lynn,

We're using the IO_GenEvent format with Rivet but, on trying to build at
CERN against the LCG built versions of HepMC, I noticed that no versions
with IO_GenEvent are available. With a Rivet release coming up, and
everyone by now used to using IO_GenEvent dumps, it would be good if we
can avoid regressing to one of the deprecated formats just because they
aren't pre-built on AFS.

Given that the HepMC versions with IO_GenEvent are actually available as
the 2.03.x source releases (although they're not called "production
releases") can you please provide a 2.03-series installed HepMC in the
LCG area? I guess 2.03.02 would be the current best option, given the
possible/probable revoking of the math operators.