[Rivet] Internal compiler error

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 11:27:23 GMT 2008

Hi,

I can confirm I also see this problem in LHAPDF 5.6 using gfortran
(gcc 4.4) from hpc.sourceforge.net.  Did you, Chistopher, also get
gfortran from hpc?    I attach my config.log to http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~jmonk/lhapdf/config.log

However, I have no such problems with lhapdf 5.3.1, which I think is
fine to use with Rivet.  I notice that a difference in the build
options between the two is that 5.6 adds -ffree-form to gfortran
compilation.  I googled free-form to try and discover what it does,
and a lot of the hits are bug discussions for OS X!  In any case, free-
form specifies that he code is using a new (post fortran 90) dialect
of fortran.  I would have thought LHAPDF would want to be compatible
with g77, in which case free-form should not be necessary.

cheers,

James