[PyFeyn] Communication between PyX and Tex

Georg von Hippel hippel at uni-mainz.de
Sun Aug 14 14:27:00 BST 2016

Dear Viesturs,

PyFeyn uses the hepnicenames LaTeX package, which is available from CTAN:
/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hepnames, or from HEPFORGE:
https://heptex.hepforge.org/

PyFeyn also relies on being able to check for the presence of
hepnicenames.sty using kpsewhich -- if you are using a TeX installation
that doesn't use kpsewhich, you may have to comment out line 40:
   subprocess.Popen(["kpsewhich","hepnicenames.sty"])
in pyfeyn/__init__.py, which will be okay as long as you have
hepnicenames.sty in your TeX path.

I hope this helps -- if not, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Best,

    Georg

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Viesturs Veckalns wrote:

> Dear PyFeyn team,
> I am spending a lot of effort trying to install PyFeyn and run examples. During the installation I get these error messages:
>
> sudo python setup.py install
> still waiting for latex after 5 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 10 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 15 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 20 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 25 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 30 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 35 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 40 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 45 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 50 (of 60) seconds...
> still waiting for latex after 55 (of 60) seconds...
> the timeout of 60 seconds expired and latex did not respond.
> Warning: hepnicenames package not found!
>
> which based on these post
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/pyx/mailman/message/3224066/
>
> could be linked with PyX.
>
> Overall the installation guidelines at
> http://pyfeyn.hepforge.org/install
>
> are very unclear full with dead links such as
> https://docs.python.org/inst/trivial-install.html
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/hepnames.html
>
> and require me to spend hours trying to figure out how to install
> texlive and add different latex packages.
>

> Cheers, Viesturs

  PD Dr. Georg von Hippel
  Institut für Kernphysik                 Office: 01-226 (Neubau)
  Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz    Phone:  +49 6131 39-22933
  Johann-Joachim-Becher-Weg 45            Fax:    +49 6131 39-22964
  55099 Mainz                             Email:  hippel at uni-mainz.de
  Germany                                 wwwth.kph.uni-mainz.de/1205.php