[PyFeyn] Installation error

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Jan 21 20:59:03 GMT 2014

On 21/01/14 16:52, George S. Williams wrote:
> Hello, Jiang-Hao,
>
> I saw your postings on the PyFeyn mailing list and thought I might be
> able to help. I am not on the list, so I am writing directly to you.
>
> I had problems installing PyFeyn and received the same errors as you; I
> spent about a day working on it.
>
> First I had to uninstall the PyX version that I was using and install
> PyX version 0.11.1
>
> I also had to replace the file <path>/pyfeyn/__init__.py with the one in
> the mailing list post at
>
> http://www.hepforge.org/lists-archive/pyfeyn/2013-September/000109.html
>
> After that, everything is fine.

Hi George,

Thanks for the help! If any of you happen to know what changes are
needed for compatibility with later PyX versions, it would be great to
do some automatic adaptation in the import to allow PyFeyn to work with
multiple PyX versions.

Unfortunately neither Georg nor I are actively developing the package,
but obviously people are using it (great!) and I would personally be
very happy to accept patches, new active developers/maintainers, and
maybe to implement compatibility fixes like this -- if given some
guidance to what needs to be done.

Dr Andy Buckley, Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow / PH Dept, CERN