[PyFeyn] Installation PyFeyn

floczko dibus2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 08:52:42 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to try out pyfeyn but I cannot make it work on my mac.
I have the rights on my machine therefore I installed pyx system wide by using

sudo python setup.py install

then I install pyfeyn in the same way.

Now when I copy the first example on the page and run it I have an error happening on the last command i.e.

 fd.draw("pyfeyn-test1.pdf")

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 27, in <module>
    fd.draw("pyfeyn-test1.pdf")
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyfeyn/diagrams.py", line 69, in draw
    c = self.drawToCanvas()
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyfeyn/diagrams.py", line 61, in drawToCanvas
    obj.draw(self.currentCanvas)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyfeyn/lines.py", line 329, in draw
    canvas.stroke(path, styles)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyx/canvas.py", line 298, in stroke
    self.draw(path, [deco.stroked]+list(attrs))
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyx/canvas.py", line 284, in draw
    adeco.decorate(dp, self.texrunner)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyfeyn/deco.py", line 28, in decorate
    1, self.size, 45, constrictionlen)
TypeError: _arrowhead() takes exactly 7 arguments (6 given)

Now when I run it I do have the warning message :

You don't have PyX - that's a problem unless you're just running the setup script.

even though when I do import pyx I import the module without any problem.

I executed all the line one by one in ipython and there is really only the draw command that do not work.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best,

Florian Lyonnet