[PyFeyn] I cannot install the package

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 18:37:05 BST 2011

Hi again Rebeca,

Georg (the "other PyFeyn guy") points out to me that this message
doesn't actually indicate any problem with PyFeyn: it's an issue with
the installation script for the PyX package that we build upon: this
seems to have installation problems on Macs that I've never seen on
Linux (well, I install python-pyx from my system package manager rather
than using easy-install).

So there's probably nothing that we can do to help, other than to
suggest manually installing PyX (http://pyx.sourceforge.net/) or using a
Mac OS X package manager to do that (something like Fink, although this
may be more trouble than it's worth)

--
Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.