[PyFeyn] I cannot install the package

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 14:06:15 BST 2011

On 27/04/11 09:27, Rebeca Gonzalez Suarez wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install pyFeyn in my computer (Mac OS X 10.6.7) and I get
> the following error message:

> Running PyX-0.10/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
> /tmp/easy_install-DNzGcZ/PyX-0.10/egg-dist-tmp-oh9bOA
> error: Setup script exited with error: SandboxViolation:
> mkdir('/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/share',) {}
>
> The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
> that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.
>
> This package cannot be safely installed by EasyInstall, and may not
> support alternate installation locations even if you run its setup
> script by hand. Please inform the package's author and the EasyInstall
> maintainers to find out if a fix or workaround is available.
>
> So I'm sending it to you. Is it possible to fix it?

Hi again Rebeca,

How did you try to install pyfeyn? I tested a week ago with the SVN
trunk (which I think is not very different to the last release) and it
worked without problems. I can make a new release if that seems likely
to help... I've not been an active developer for some time, so don't
know whether something relevant has been fixed in the development copy
without going into a release.

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.