[PyFeyn] Fill style of blobs

Eike von Seggern jan.eike.von.seggern at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 11 14:36:46 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 14:15 +0000, Andy Buckley wrote:
> On 11/03/10 14:07, Eike von Seggern wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > is there any reason for blobs to always be filled with white and the
> > fill styles. This hindered me in overlaying blobs with hatched filling
> > and getting cross hatched in the intersecting area.
>
> Hi Eike,
>
> I the reason for the white fill first was specifically because I thought
> people wouldn't want hatchings to interfere like that! The code that
> does this is probably in the Blob class draw() method... feel like
> trying to hack it? ;)

Commenting out some lines of code? I can do that!

Looking at the SVN browser I see that the draw method is duplicated in
Circle and Ellipse so it could be reduced to commenting out one line of
code ;)

I think removing this additional fill in the draw methods shouldn't have
many side effects since white filling is done by default if no fill
argument is given to the constructor. And on the other hand, it
interferes with PyX transparency which can be nice if you have
overlapping objects and you want to stress that they overlap.

I don't know much about PyX fill color model, but perhaps it's possible
to set the HATCH* to something that fills with white and hatches, and
then add "transparent" hatchings?

Cheers,
eike