[PyFeyn] [cedar] Bug report: Cannot draw straight gluino lines

Andy Buckley andy at insectnation.org
Mon Dec 17 17:54:36 GMT 2007

Sue Ann Koay wrote:
> Whenever I try to draw a gluino line just with Gluino(v1, v2), pyfeyn
> doesn't like it:

> The problem magically disappears when I do Gluino(v1, v2).bend(0.01).
> bend(0) does not work either.

Thanks for pointing this out! The problem was that for straight lines
the curvature radius becomes infinite and we didn't have a check for
that. I've fixed it now and pushed a bug fix version (source tarball)
out to the HepForge downloads area. I'll upload new "egg" versions to
the Python package archive later. The new version is 0.3.1.

Please let us know if you find any other problems or if you have any
feature / interface requirements - we've been having a "development
break" to work on other things since the 0.3.0 release, but there's
nothing like user demands to spur development!

> I tried to submit this bug report via Trac, but there seemed to be
> some unknown handshakes before I am allowed to do that, so I resorted
> to email. I hope you don't mind.

This is a problem that I'd like to fix (in my HepForge admin role).
Trac's permissions are set on the server, so you need to have a login
account to add tickets. Unfortunately if there's no protection, Trac
gets spammed quite fast. In the meantime, I've made a PyFeyn "guest"
Trac account (with password the same as the user name).