[Rivet] Rivet 2.6.0 integration problems in CMS sosftware

Janssen Xavier xavier.janssen at uantwerpen.be
Thu Jan 11 15:41:18 GMT 2018

Hi Andy,

Is there a way I can compile only a few plugins for a quick test to be sure this is a limit problem ?

Cheers, Xavier,

On 11 Jan 2018, at 16:34, Andy Buckley <andy.buckley at cern.ch<mailto:andy.buckley at cern.ch>> wrote:

Hi Xavier,

*Very* strange. The analysis loading has not changed at all, but the analysis compilation now uses the rivet-buildplugin script for all the built-in analyses as well as any external ones. I wouldn't expect that to change anything, and it's worked fine on my machine and others... but it is a change.

I'm no expert on this static TLS thing -- a quick Google suggests that the system is running out of memory due to loading plugins each with their own static memory requirements. Maybe we just crossed some threshold? My recollection is that we load all the lightweight analysis *loader* objects into memory, but only instantiate the actual analysis classes which are requested by the user. Any experts on the list who can suggest diagnostics?

Andy

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Glasgow