[Rivet] Rivet 2.6.0 integration problems in CMS sosftware

Janssen Xavier xavier.janssen at uantwerpen.be
Thu Jan 11 15:16:15 GMT 2018

Hi,

I was testing the integration of the latest release in our CMS software. The installation and compilation is working well. However trying to run Rivet to produce some MC events for 1 test analysis I use for validation is failing with the following error:

unable to load /afs/cern.ch/work/x/xjanssen/cms/Rivet/10X_gcc630_Rivet260/CMSSW_10_0_0_pre3/lib/slc6_amd64_gcc630/pluginGeneratorInterfaceRivetInterface_plugins.so because dlopen: cannot load any more object with static TLS

where pluginGeneratorInterfaceRivetInterface_plugins.so is our standard interface to Rivet. Just to be sure I tested back Rivet 2.5.4 in the same CMS software release and I don’t get any such problem. Not sure exactly what is happening but what did you exactly changed in the compilation/loading of analysis in the latest release ?

Cheers, Xavier.