[Rivet] yoda2root

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Jan 9 14:54:02 GMT 2018

Hi Hannes,

So the configuration seems to have detected your ROOT installation and been happy with it. The problem is at runtime: did you have this working before?

ROOT's Python interface is not installed into the Python search path for some reason, so all (?) users need to add the ROOT library directory to their PYTHONPATH. I think if you do that then it should work ok.

I tested with ROOT6, and there have been some Python API changes between those versions, but I think we've managed to handle both... and your build log suggests that there wasn't a compilation problem, so hopefully everything will be fine once the path is set to point at ROOT.

Andy
Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Glasgow