[Rivet] Doxygen for plugins

Christian Gutschow chris.g at cern.ch
Mon Jan 8 09:39:24 GMT 2018

Hi,

This wasn't just an accident: the point of the API documentation is to tell users about the code interface. Analyses aren't part of the interface -- they all have to behave like the base Analysis class, but any other aspects of their derived interface are purely implementation details and ~no-one should care. Those who do can look at the code directly, and "metadata" about them is available via the (now more convenient) analysis documentation.

Why do you need access to the analysis Doxygen? We could make a second Doxygen build for that purpose, but since it would be yet more work/complexity as part of the release process there would need to be a very good reason... and I don't currently see what that would be.

True for the projections, but I reckon that if you’re new to Rivet (and possibly beyond), it is more instructive/convenient to browse through the existing experimental analysis cc files in a web browser in order to understand how the projections are being used, no?

I’m certainly guilty of advertising in tutorials and what not a wealth of example code from existing analyses on the web...

Cheers,
Chris