[Rivet] Problem with histogram 1D

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Thu Sep 21 10:50:47 BST 2017

Hi Joao,

I don't quite understand the problem: the individual heights of bins
do not have to be less than the normalisation target (usually = 1).
Normalisation is by area, so if bins' widths are less than the norm,
then their heights can be larger than it.

Andy

On 20 September 2017 at 20:19, João Barata <baratavergilio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using 1D histograms as
>
> _h_jept_o_Zpt[i]->fill((jetAr[i][0].pt()/GeV)/(zmom.pT()/GeV),weight);
>
> but for some reason whenever I use quocient it does not work (for instance
> the bins when filled have values like 10^-7 and when I use normalize() there
> are bins >1).If I fill with variables like X-Y or X*Y it works just fine. I
> do not understand the problem, could you help?
>
> Best regards
>
> João Barata

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow