[Rivet] Rivet Hackfest #3 at Lunga House, May 2018

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Thu Nov 9 15:53:36 GMT 2017

Hi Riveteers,

Following on from what I believe was a very successful and enjoyable
event in Hamburg a couple of weeks ago, I'm starting to plan the next
Rivet Hackfest. From your feedback about availability, and dodging big
HEP conferences, it looks like the week of 21st May 2018 is the best
option for hosting at Lunga House in Argyll
(https://goo.gl/maps/pxsxd4Bhs352).

Many details yet to be sorted out, but please mark off this week in
your diaries -- and let me know if you hope to attend, so I have some
idea of numbers. I expect we will start on either Monday or Tuesday
afternoon, and finish on either Thursday or Friday respectively: if
you have a preference between those options for family, travel, or any
other reason, that's also useful planning info for me.

Closer to the time we can decide on strategic priorities, to the
extent that we have such things, and hence figure out which non-core
members to also invite, e.g. experimentalists and theorists from heavy
ion, SM, or BSM areas.

Best wishes,

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow