[Rivet] Patch for Rivet to automatically detect available FastJet plugins

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Mon May 8 12:10:45 BST 2017

On 08/05/17 11:59, cholm wrote:
> Hi Andy et al,
>
> On 2017-05-08 12:48, Andy Buckley wrote:
>> On 07/04/17 18:52, cholm wrote:
>>> Hi David et al,

>>> if one does out-of-source-directory builds (as I prefer to do - do not
>>> sh*t where you eat kinda policy :-)
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand this -- Doxygen is run on the sources, so
>> should be executed on the source dir.
>
> Not if you do
>
>   mkdir build
>   hg clone https://rivet.hepforge.org/hg/rivet src
>   (cd src && hg update)
>   cd build
>   ../src/configure ...
>
> In this case, the Doxyfile is written in "build" - not "../src".
>
>> But I haven't run in the
>> out-of-source form for some time (it used to cause major problems with
>> the Python interface generation, and I stopped doing it) -- is the
>> issue that the generated Doxyfile appears in the builddir?
>
> If the (generated) Doxyfile assumes the sources are in the current
> directory, then it fails for the out-of-source directory build as
> outlined above.  The simple solution is to let configure expand an '@'
> macro in the source Doxyfile.in
>
>> Looking
>> inside it, I'm not sure that the correct source paths will be found:
>> it looks like some insertions of @top_srcdir@ would be needed. Have
>> you tried an out-of-source build with your suggested change and found
>> that all is fine? If so, or if you needed to also tweak Doxygen.in, a
>> separate patch for this specific issue would be great :-)
>
> Just change
>
>   INPUT = src include/Rivet

>   INPUT = @top_srcdir@/src @top_srcdir@/include/Rivet
>
> If @top_srcdir@ does not expand fully, you can add in configure.ac
>
>   top_srcdir_expanded=${top_srcdir}
>   AC_SUBST(top_srcdir_expanded)
>
> and then use
>
>   INPUT = @top_srcdir_expanded@/src @top_srcdir_expanded@/include/Rivet

Exactly what I was after, thanks. I think @top_srcdir@ is always
guaranteed to expand, since it doesn't depend on $prefix.

Done on the trunk. Doxygen builds are enabled by default, but have to be
explicitly executed with "make dox", since otherwise it takes up a bunch
more build time for something that a lot of people don't want.

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow