[Rivet] RIVET libgsl problem due to undefined symbol

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Sun Jun 11 15:04:41 BST 2017

Hi Maria Vittoria,

I'm not sure what this is coming from: we certainly don't use that
function directly. (In fact, we use GSL sufficiently little that we'd
planned to drop it as a dependency in future -- although some experiment
analysers have objected, saying that they want access to a minimiser.)

I note that you have a personal build of GSL rather than using the
Ubuntu libgsl0-dev package: is there a reason for that? It looks to me
like the problem is with your build of GSL (and its dependency on CBLAS)
rather than anything specific to Rivet.

Andy

--
Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow