[Rivet] Use proton-lead MC generators with Rivet

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Tue Feb 28 15:33:44 GMT 2017

Aah, I understand better now. I thought it was the .info file beams
requirement that was causing trouble. I had forgotten that long-ago we
put in a check to insist that all events in a run have the same beams.

Indeed it would make sense to also drop that check in "ignore beams
mode". If I can work out a patch that implements that easily, would you
be able to patch your current Rivet build? Obviously another Rivet
release will be required to make it out-of-the-box.

I'm very surprised that we never had this reported before, given I was
in touch with the Epos authors about putting improvements in! I guess
they were just using it for nucleon collisions so far.

Andy