[Rivet] bugfix for ATLAS_2017_I1609448

Christian Gutschow chris.g at cern.ch
Mon Aug 28 19:07:32 BST 2017

Hi,

I’ve just realised that I introduced a bug in the recent ATLAS routine for MET+jets (ATLAS_2017_I1609448), so I’ve just uploaded a fixed tarball to the contrib area.

Specifically, the bug is that I was missing a minus sign when trying to make use of the vectorPt function in the MissingMomentum projection. (For the validation, I had still spelt out the logic line by line in the routine, because it was broken in MissingMomentum until v2.5.3.)

On that note, I find it counter-intuitive and error prone that MissingMomentum gives me the negative of the MET vector when I call vectorPt on it. I’m all in favour of calculating missing momentum by summing over visible momenta and taking the inverse of that vector, but I would expect the final * -1 to happen inside the projection already.

Cheers,
Chris

 —

 Dr. Christian Gütschow